Sponsor Parents to Immigrate to Canada in 2011 Part 1

There was a series accident when we posted the Part 2, we covered the original Part 1 article ! So in fact this is not the original Part 1 content. We are very sorry!

We tried to search from internet and finally we got the following content from cache:

Sponsor Parents to Immigrate to Canada is harder and harder. Because obviously Canada or Canada government does not like Parents who live in foreign countries immigrate to Canada since they think senior parents can not contribute to Canada but just want get thing from Canada.

What ever, here we do not want to discuss other topic, we just focus on how to sponsor parents to immigrate to Canada.

First of all, we should find information from government website: Application to sponsor a member of the family class.

Also, we must know there is a big change now which compare with old policy:

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

And, NOT ONLY for sponsor stage, but also for 2nd stage if your application submitted prior to July 18,2011:

If your application was submitted prior to July 18, 2011, you must complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) as per the instruction in your letter.

1:  The sponsor’s guide (IMM 5196)

Some Notes from Guide:

You must complete separate applications for each person you want to sponsor. Each application may include that person’s family members.

The above means our parents can use the same application form. However, The application for your parents would identify one of your parents as the person being sponsored (principal applicant) and the other parent as his or her family member.

About income:
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
(Effective from January 1 to December 31 2011)
Size of Family Unit    Minimum necessary income
1 person     $22,229
2 persons    $27,674
3 persons    $34,022
4 persons    $41,307
5 persons    $46,850
6 persons    $52,838
7 persons    $58,827
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add    $5,989

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?

Your income must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income requirement, as identified annually in the Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO), on the date which the sponsorship application is signed.
Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information is received or brought to our attention that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements.

Document Translation:

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation, and an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Complete all sections. If a section does not apply to you, write “Not Applicable” or “NA”.