Apply to visit Canada

Do you want to visit Canada ? Let us research and follow the steps provided by Canadian Official Immigration Department:

1: Are you eligible to visit Canada ?

Please make sure you are in good health currently, I don’t think Canadian government welcomes anybody who has bad sick;

If you think your body no problem. OK, the go to find your passport;

You have enough proofs to let a Canadian immigration officer believe you will go back to your country on time without exceeding the time limit ;

Bring enough money for your stay and visiting in Canada

Under some conditions, you might have to pass the medical examination and a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada. (I think for some Asian countries, the visitor better to get an invitation letter for your applying to visit Canada)

2: Start to apply for your Temporary Resident Visa in Canada

   a). Download and print the application package. Read the guide.
   b). Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents.
   c). Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt. (Current: The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).)
   d). Submit (Mail or In Person or use a representative) the application form and necessary documents.

For China visitor, they might have to read the information from Visa Center

About Letter of invitation

A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Some visa offices may require that your letter be notarized by a Notary Public.

You must give truthful information and intend to keep the promises you made in the letter.

Send your letter (notarized if necessary) to the person you are inviting to Canada. They must then submit this letter to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside of Canada when they apply for their Temporary Resident Visa.

Your letter must include the following information about the person being invited:

    * Complete name.
    * Date of birth.
    * The personā€˜s address and telephone number.
    * Your relationship to the person being invited.
    * The purpose of the trip.
    * How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in Canada.
    * Details on accommodation and living expenses.
    * The date the person you are inviting intends to leave Canada.

Your letter must also include the following information about yourself:

    * Complete name.
    * Date of birth.
    * Address and telephone number in Canada.
    * Occupation.
    * Whether you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
    * A photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada. For instance, a Canadian birth certificate if you were born in Canada or a Canadian citizenship card if you are a naturalized citizen. If you are Permanent Resident, you must send proof of your permanent resident status (a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing).

(Above content from Canadian Official site)

list of countries and territories whose citizens require a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.

Question:  Do my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children need to apply separately?

Your spouse or common-law partner and children who wish to visit Canada must apply for permission to do so. As long as you all apply together it will not be necessary for each person to fill out separate application forms. List the names and other information about your family members in the appropriate space on the application. If you require more space, attach a separate piece of paper and indicate the number and letter that you are answering. Children 18 years and over must complete their own application form.

Question: When should I apply?

Government site strongly suggests that you plan ahead and apply at least two (2) months before your intended departure date. Please review our processing times.

Anyway,  If you want to visit Canada, your best guide is that reading information from Citizenship and Immigration Canada Official site